Both Kim and Andy Brindley have provided effective counseling for individuals, couples and families in range of settings for many years. The vision for the Brindley Group is to bring our experience and knowledge to a private practice setting in order to provide you with seasoned professional counseling services in an individualized, caring environment. It is our belief that professional counseling can result in improved quality of life for yourself and your family, not just in the moment, but lifelong and generationally.
We also have positive working relationships with psychologists and psychiatrists in the over-the-mountain area, if there is a need for referral for additional care, so that we can work together to meet your needs.
Kim Brindley is a Licensed Professional Counselor and Supervisor, with over 20 years of counseling experience with adults, children/adolescents, and families.
*Hahnemann University/Philadelphia, post graduate studies in Creative Arts Therapy, University of Montevallo, Master in Counseling, Auburn University, Bachelor of Arts in Psychology.
*Adjunct Instructor for UAB Department of Human Studies
*Specialty in working with relationship problems, depression, behavior problems, trauma, parent/child-teen issues, anxiety, chronic illness, balancing parenting/life roles, grief/loss, abuse, eating disorders, developmental disorders, and self esteem.
- Employment experience with inpatient/outpatient, hospital, day treatment, mental health clinics, therapeutic foster care, schools, universities, and advocacy centers.
- Kim is also a Registered Play Therapist and Supervisor and has served as president of the Alabama Association For Play Therapy.
- In addition to traditional talk therapy, Kim also offers creative techniques with art, sandtray, play, music, and movement, when appropriate.
Andy Brindley is a Licensed Professional Counselor and Supervisor with 14 years of counseling experience in substance addictions/abuse treatment, mental health services, and family and relationship counseling working with adults, adolescents, and geriatric patients. Helping others in their process of change has been the most rewarding aspect of his professional career.
- Credentials: BA--University of Alabama, MEd--(Counseling and Guidance) University of Montevallo, Licensed Professional Counselor and Supervisor--state of Alabama
- Adjunct Instructor with Samford University- Addictions coursework
- Employment experience with a regional substance addictions treatment center, local hospitals--mental health and substance assessment and treatment, state-level professional organization, and with a local university
- Professional focus on seeking positive, behavioral solutions and outcomes for individuals and families engaged in change
- Address trauma, grief/loss issues, concerns of abuse of substances, depression/anxiety, marriage counseling, bipolar disorder, and coping with chronic illness and/or pain
- Life coaching is a key component of his focus, including financial, family/relationship, and vocational balance.
300 Vestavia Parkway, Suite 1000
Vestavia Hills, AL 35216
Monday - Friday: 8AM - 5PM
Saturdays and Sundays: Closed